Where's your head at?

Project based learning, thinking on learning and amazing Art projects

Monitoring the learning experience in our classrooms.

| 3 Comments

I have designed this for my department to use as a tool to analyse what is going on in lessons, what we should be seeing if we are as good as we say we are (not just basking in our amazing GCSE results and thinking we know it all). I don’t expect to see all the evidence all the time, but I do expect to speak to students about their experiences, I should feel the buzz of learning happening and always see the little bleaters being constantly stretched. See what you think. Obviously done with Art in mind but easily adapted to any department or whole school for that matter. Click on the PDF link below.

Monitoring the learning experience in our classroom

Author: Pete Jones

I am primarily an Art teacher, but over the past 5 years have been co-developing an experienced-based learning programme in the school I work in called Pebble, (short for Project Based Learning). I read extensively on learning and education, and I intend to use this blog to record what is going on in my head as well as in the classroom. Hopefully I will be able to share resources and ideas with like-minded thinkers in the future. The Pebble course runs through the whole of Year 8 for 5 periods a week. I am desperate for our world wide education system to catch up with the way we live our lives. Transformation of what we learn in schools and how we learn in schools is desperately overdue. Pebble is a skills centered curriculum with the focus very much on what students need to be successful learners, giving them valuable, deep learning experiences to boot.

3 Comments

1. Pingback: Learning discussions | Pearltrees